Home

Page the Second

Problems

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi. (In front of you, a precipice. Behind you, wolves.)

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The Sixteenth of the Month--If I Were And You Were poem--Delusional

Today we're doing If I Were And You Were poems. If you'd like to know what that is, go here.




Delusional
If I were a puppy
And you were a shark
I'd dog paddle towards you
And joyously bark

If your teeth were enormous
And incredibly strong
I'd still want to kiss you
And we'd swim along

Sometimes I'd dive under
And give you a lick
And you wouldn't bite me
And I wouldn't kick

But after a while
I'd get tired in the waves
And I'd have to swim down
To the deep water caves

And there we'd have dinner
On lobsters and fish
And there would be dancing 
And you'd grant my wish
And then I'd wake up
In my small puppy bed
You'd be in the ocean
And not in my head





I know these are silly
Ridiculous dreams
Instead of warm kisses
You always bring screams

Sometimes in the darkness
I'd lie there and wonder
If the idea of "us" might
Be a horrible blunder
© 2014 by H. Linn Murphy







No comments:

Post a Comment