Home

Page the Second

Problems

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi. (In front of you, a precipice. Behind you, wolves.)

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Review of Golden Blood

I'd like to take a little time off from word-smithing poetry to review a book I just finished. GOLDEN BLOOD by Melissa Pearl was a fantastic read!

I loved this book. When it ended abruptly I did something I rarely do. I went straight to my bookseller and bought the next book, which then jumped my prodigious book queue to become next on my list. Yeah. Pretty gripping.

 GOLDEN BLOOD is about a girl with powers, a powerful family, a powerful love, and a powerfully deep ocean of problems.

Gemma has lived her whole ice queen life fearful of getting too close to anybody. But when perfectly normal human, Harrison, sits up and takes notice, she begins to thaw. The problem is, if she tells her parents, they'll most likely ground her for the rest of her life and kill their budding romance.

For a short time they fool everybody. But little by little the chinks in their "ice castle" wall grow bigger until all heck breaks loose.

Their time-hopping shenanigans result in serious life-or-death situations made infinitely worse by the icy eyes of her parents.

I give GOLDEN BLOOD a thumb's way up. Thanks, Melissa.

No comments:

Post a Comment