Home

Page the Second

Problems

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi. (In front of you, a precipice. Behind you, wolves.)

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Day Eight's Poem--I Am Poem--Paladin

Today I'm doing an I Am poem. This is a really nice engine to plug your words into to make that I Am poem come to fruition. You can find more information about this poetry form here.
This is my I Am poem:
Linner Falcon
Paladin
I am a paladin, a fierce defender of light and truth.
I see the form of a falcon tipping into the breeze, the sun glinting on its feathers.
I wonder what it would be like to glide above the world, looking down into the lives and hearts of the people.
I hear its keening cry and match it with one of my own.
I want to dance in the sun's light and feel the breeze lifting my hair.
I am a paladin, a fierce defender of light and truth.

I pretend to stoop like the falcon, honing in on my prey.
I feel the exhilaration of the air whipping past my face as I search for my mark.
I feel my wind-raked hair stream across my face.
I worry that my mark will move.
I cry out in fierce joy; my prey looks up in terror. I have found her out. I stoop to conquer.
I am a paladin, a fierce defender of light and truth.

I understand that I am not immune.
I say to myself that there are wrongs inherent to my psyche which cannot stand.
I dream someday of being a creature of pure light and truth.
I try to ferret out each mistake, each hidden blackness of the soul.
I hope someday to join the hosts of other creatures of light and truth, hovering on glorious sun-kissed wing.
I am a paladin, a fierce defender of light and truth.
© 2014 by H. Linn Murphy  
I'm the paladin with the shield.

No comments:

Post a Comment