Home

Page the Second

Problems

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi. (In front of you, a precipice. Behind you, wolves.)

Monday, April 28, 2014

THE ABRAHAM ENIGMA Review



Last night I finished THE ABRAHAM ENIGMA. I couldn't put it down until long after 1am. What a wild ride! I loved it! Jack Lyon's book combines Egypt and its pyramids and fabulous treasure vaults with treacherous spies and a pinch of romance, all wrapped in a scriptural enigma.

I've read through the Pearl of Great Price many times. The pictograms in it always intrigued me. This book works at further explaining a few of the images which always before seemed like...well...Egyptian to me. It is a work of fiction but those items of nonfiction are clearly marked.

David Hunt, an FBI agent, and his new wife, April, are sent on assignment to Cairo to ferret out who keeps letting terrorists into the USA. While there, they become embroiled in (or rather fall victim to) a plot to blow up the embassy. They use what they learn of Egyptian antiquities and the book of Abraham to navigate the traps of an insidious group of men.

I greatly enjoyed the refreshing relationship the Hunts share. David acknowledges his wife's additions so nicely that I fell in like with him too. I also love the way they use scripture to decode what they find in the Necropolis. This book is well worth reading.

If you can shake your de-Nile long enough, you can purchase this book here.

No comments:

Post a Comment