Home

Page the Second

Problems

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi. (In front of you, a precipice. Behind you, wolves.)

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

National Poetry Month--Ing Poems--Fridge Food Now--For Jane



Today we're doing Ing Poems. Clueless? Go here. And here are my poems:
Fridge Food Now

Enticing
Cooling
Steaming
Tasting
Salivating
Smiling




Fridge Food Later

Molding
Smelling
Desiccating
Hardening
Growing
Nauseating






©2020 by H. Linn Murphy












And now for something completely different:
I'm doing a dictionary of Jane Austen words and terms she used in all her writings with pictures I'll draw, plus some words from contemporary writers. I feel Jane and I have become friends of a sort. I don't know if she would have turned up her nose at me, but I hope not. I feel we have much the same acerbic wit at times. This is a poem for Jane:


You stand in the vanguard,
A woman alone,
Writing about the heart,
From a broken place of your own.
Your work still speaks
From the dust
Down through the years
For you understand
Basic goodness
There is no need for
Sex or violence
When an incisive mind
Is set to untangle
The human condition.
When sacrifice has
Flavored your words
With truth.
I am in awe of your
Delicacy of mind
Your stinging comentary
The way you can
Excise the ridiculous
With a few sharp words.
You expose the selfish,
The greedy, the proud,
The wistful, the hopeful.
All of humankind's
Foibles filleted for us
By your willing scalpel.
Words are your tools,
Oh wordsmith extraordinaire!
Would that I could be
A ready disciple.

©2020 by H. Linn Murphy








No comments:

Post a Comment