Home

Page the Second

Problems

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi. (In front of you, a precipice. Behind you, wolves.)

Sunday, April 12, 2020

National Poetry Month--Day 12--Tricube Poems--ABCB Poem--















Today is Easter and I'm not writing. But I'll come back in later and fill in. So first is my other poem, then I'll put in my Tricube Poems.
Empty Birdhouse
I wish the tiny cactus wrens
Would come back to their nest
Where once the hatchings numbered three
Our barking dog did wrest

Their peace of mind, their quietude
The space to forage for their brood
Without the threat of doggy jaws
Snapping down on birdy food

His voice is loud, our little dog
But gentle is his doggy spirit
I doubt he'd eat your babes at all
Just wouldn't know to hear it.

You chatter so contentedly
Your work in twain complete
The babies wait while parents hunt
Then soon they are replete

I love to watch your industry
You careful, loyal, chatty things
You hop about and chirp so well
Bring calmness in your little wings 

©2020 by H. Linn Murphy


You can find the explanation of what a tricube poem is here. Because I'd never heard of one either.





From the grave
Jesus rose
Us to save

His life give
Sacrificed
That we live

We give back
Sacrifice
Hearts intact
©2020 by H. Linn Murphy




















  

No comments:

Post a Comment