Home

Page the Second

Problems

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi. (In front of you, a precipice. Behind you, wolves.)

Thursday, April 9, 2020

National Poetry Month--Day Neun--Pleiades Poem--Tardigrade















Okay. Here's another poem not necessarily the right one for the day, but the real one will follow soon. This one's a stopgap measure:

If I hear anymore about quarantine
I'm going to explode and get really mean
I'm sick of TP
And of sheltering me
And I'm ready to bounce like a jumping bean

This stupid virus is getting stale
I've only been outside to fetch the mail
I'm getting so fat
I look like a huge vat
Of repulsive goo moldy, disgusting, and pale

Let's hear no more rubber glove stories
Of shopping like indignant moreys
I want to break out
And go driving about
To hear all my peeps stories gory.

Written from my dang bedroom, ©2020 by H. Linn Murphy
 That was yesterday. Today I have a dang cough...sigh. Yeah yeah yeah, I'm in bed.


And  now for something completely different. Here's a Pleiades Poem. If you are as at sea as I am about this elusive poetry form, go here to find out about it.
 So here's my Pleiades poem:


TARDIGRADE

Trinket the Tardigrade is my new pet
Tiny is he, 'bout as small as it gets
The moss piglet is at home in the wet
Taking his food from the water, you bet
Taking a walk is a challenge I've met
Tiny leash makes it like walking a jet
Trying to catch him with a teensy net
 ©2020 by H. Linn Murphy

 









No comments:

Post a Comment