Home

Page the Second

Problems

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi. (In front of you, a precipice. Behind you, wolves.)

Friday, April 10, 2020

National Poetry Month--Day Zehn--5Ws Poem and a Giraffe


Here's my nonconformist poem for the day, to be followed soon by the conforming 5W's one...:) If you want to know how to write the 5W's one, you can find the instructions here. Otherwise enjoy some giraffe fun.

O   O
II   II
Let's talk about giraffes. 
They're tall. It's their
Thing. Just
Tall.
What
If some
Giraffe
Some
Day
Wanted 
To be
Known
For
Some-
Thing 
Else?
Hi. I'm
Arty
The
Artist
Giraffe.
Right.
'Cause 
Arty
Can't 
Even
Reach
The 
Dang
Canvas
With
out
Tur
ning
Into a
Freakin'
Pretzel.
Mom, 
Arty
would
say. I
want 
to be
a ba
llet
dan
cer!
Can't 
you 
just 
see
m
sweet
plies
and
gran
jetes?
How
About
My
out-
stand-
ing
piro-
ettes? 
Grace
itself
here.
Hey
Giraffe
Dude,
What's
Your
Major?
Cos
Met
Ology! 
I'm very
Into
Hair
These
Days.
Or this:
Mom, I
Think
I want 
to be a
Doctor.
I can
Just 
See 
him
Ben
ding
Fold
 ing
Spin 
dling
And 
(not
Muti
lat-
Ing)
Scru 
nch-
Ing 
Down
To take
Your
Temp.
He'd never
Get back up.
They'd have to hire a crane to come
And you'd hear BEEP BEEP BEEP as 
The thing came to haul him off the floor.
Nope. Poor Arty is stuck getting things I I
Off the high shelves and putting up       I I
All  the                               dec    ora       I I
Ti    ons                               for    dan       ( ()
Ces    and                              we    di
Ngs    and                              ba     by
Sh         ow                             e       rs.

©2020 by H. Linn Murphy




And now for something completely different. My 5 W's poem:

Henderflitch the Giraffe was a nonconformist guy
He'd rather sprawl out on the ground than hang out in the sky 
His favorite game was marbles when the sun was getting high
Then when hot, to the river he got, went swimming happily
Hanging out in crowds just brought unsatisfactory sighs.

Henderflitch just hated being told to tow the mark
Instead of eating in the day, he often ate at dark
He sought out places humans came and calmly took his mark
For photo ops and luncheon stops to eat his leaves and bark
Why? You ask. I do not know. But he's happy as a lark.

©2020 by H. Linn Murphy






 

No comments:

Post a Comment