Home

Page the Second

Problems

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi. (In front of you, a precipice. Behind you, wolves.)

Monday, April 6, 2020

National Poetry Month--Day 5--Triplets--Squattter in the Shed

We're doing triplets today. If you want to learn about how to do a triplet, go here. Otherwise, here's my offering for today:














There's something hiding in our shed
I saw its furry squeaking head
I really really want it dead

The dog is avid to get in
The scent of it makes his head spin
The problem is, shed's full of bin

And junk and old computer rot
And everything that time forgot
I wish I'd won the war I fought

Too bad The Man is adamant
That what is in there is extant
If he cleans it I shall faint

Until then I must watch the dog
Scratch and whine at every log
Until my nerves are all agog.

©2020 by H. Linn Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment