Home

Page the Second

Problems

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi. (In front of you, a precipice. Behind you, wolves.)

Monday, April 6, 2020

National Poetry Month--Day 4--Couplets--Ask in Faith

Today we're doing couplets. If you'd like to know more about them, go here.


 ASK IN FAITH, NOTHING WAVERING
I sought an answer to my prayer
Is my Heav'nly Father there?

I wished to feel His heartfelt love
His arms around me from Above

Long I listened to them speak
These sacred men who from the peak

The love of God to us impart
They each reveal Christ's gentle heart

Their message firm, conviction real
Allowed His words in me to steal

Like Mary kneeling at Christ's side
And Martha's care with Him abide

Like Mary min'string to Christ's feet
With hair and love and tears replete

I wish to be to Christ a friend
To be there with Him at the end 

To return to heavenly home
Never from Their sides to roam

I found Christ's word entwines my soul
For I have found a firmer goal.

©2020 by H. Linn Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment