Home

Page the Second

Problems

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi. (In front of you, a precipice. Behind you, wolves.)

Thursday, April 4, 2019

Day 4--National Poetry Month--Tanka--The World's Answer, Another Answer

Today the poetry form is a tanka, the grandfather of the haiku. If you'd like to know more about them, go here. And here is my offering:


THE WORLD'S ANSWER TO THE TOUCH OF THE MASTER'S HAND
Buy this old fiddle?
No thanks. I can print my own
That'll look way cool
Besides, I don't play fiddle.
Find your self worth somewhere else.

© 2019 by H. Linn Murphy

GOD'S ANSWER TO THE WORLD
I am never far
From your side, my weeping child
Nothing on this earth
Means more to Me than you do
Never let that thought leave you.

Other's sight is short
Bounded by selfish feelings.
They only see self
And how high you help them climb
Be the lantern to light paths.

© 2019 by H. Linn Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment