Home

Page the Second

Problems

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi. (In front of you, a precipice. Behind you, wolves.)

Sunday, April 21, 2019

Day 21--National Poetry Month--ABCB Poem--Oh Savior

I write my Sunday poetry ahead of time, usually way ahead. This one, however, I felt I could write on Sunday (though still ahead). This is an ABCB poem:



Oh Savior, My Savior
Forger of my soul
You are taking broken stones
To make my spirit whole 

I slip and fall and fall again
And stagger off the path
Too often selfishness and doubt
Join recklessness and wrath

In rend'ring me deficit 
A hopelessly flawed jar
I realize each passing day
To You I must walk far

I like to think that I would be
Among those in the street
Waving palm fronds at the Man
That I most want to meet

I would have been there at the Cross
Share final earthly hours 
But more than that I'd wish to be
At empty tomb with flow'rs.

I'd kneel and kiss your nail-scarred feet
And offer you my heart
 But to do that simple thing
I now must make a start

'Thank you' seems not quite enough
Eternal Life You save
I offer then my life to You
For what You freely gave.

©2019 by H. Linn Murphy
A most happy Easter, not because of chocolate bunnies and hidden brightly colored eggs (though we'll have those too), but because Christ paid the ultimate price for all our mistakes, evils, poor choices, maladies, and pains. Because our Elder Brother offered us grace if we would just do as much as we possibly can to meet Him part of the way. There is no way we could ever go the whole way on our own, but to do all we could to follow Him home--that is the Plan of Happiness. I hope someday to be able to tell Him I did my best. And I'm hoping I won't be alone--that I will have brought friends and loved ones.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment