Home

Page the Second

Problems

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi. (In front of you, a precipice. Behind you, wolves.)

Thursday, April 25, 2019

Day 25--National Poetry Month--Credo Poem--

Today's poem is going to take some extra thought. It's a Credo Poem. If you want to know how to write one, here's a pretty good idea. My Credo:



I believe in the overarching ability of God to shape our lives into the vessel He needs if we only let ourselves be pliant and compliant,
the incredible penchant the human race has for messing things up through laziness, selfishness, and greed,
I believe in the way a baby's laughter brings balm to a torn soul,
the energy and joy an out-thrust hand and a heartfelt smile can bestow on someone in pain,
the beauty,  necessity,  the hard work, and the rarity of real love.
I don't believe much in cotton candy love--too fragile and diaphanous.
I believe in true connection. I'm just not good at it yet.
I believe in playing the detective with service.
I believe in  truly seeking to 'see', know, feel, serve, and love a person in the place where they 'live.'
And I believe that we have the capacity in our hands to bring forth works of greatness in inspiration, beauty, love, and integrity if we really step out of our soft places and uncurl to meet the light of the Father.

 ©2019 by H. Linn Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment