Home

Page the Second

Problems

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi. (In front of you, a precipice. Behind you, wolves.)

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Day 17--National Poetry Month--Haiku--Crane Fly--Free Verse--Le Notre Dame


Today I'm doing a Haiku. I don't have time to make it a poiku, because I'm off to the Temple. If you'd like to learn more about this poetry form, go here.


Sweet little crane fly
Why do you enter the fridge?
You end in cold dark.

                                                            © 2019 by H. Linn Murphy




o
o
oo
oo
oo
oo
oo
Le
No
tre
Da
me
Time
Less and
So very grand
Jewel of your land
History and art bound in
Intricate lacy rock spires
Rose window a dainty filigree
A myriad bits of rainbow glass
Woven together enhancing the light
o I never knew your peace o   
 Though I wish I had come   
  To worship in my own way  
   In your echoing confines   
       France's Gray lady down      
oThough before you stoodo
ooStaunch against ravage ofoo
oo War, revolution, and plague oo
oo    Succumbed to the flames    oo
oo    As once did Joan the Maid     oo
oo      You, like she will rise from      oo
oo        The ashes again to inspire,         oo
ooo         And delight, as once before.         ooo
  © 2019 by H. Linn Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment