Home

Page the Second

Problems

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi. (In front of you, a precipice. Behind you, wolves.)

Saturday, April 23, 2016

To Sleep Perchance to Dream--Quinzain

Today is quinzain day. And it's also talk like Shakespeare Day. I'm combining the two in this quinzain on sleep, or the lack thereof:


TO SLEEP, PERCHANCE TO DREAM
Curtain of the day drift down
O'er my questing eyes
Oh to sleep

Sleep eludeth me ever
My mind speedeth on
Rise the moon

Moon sails on, splendor alight
Put small thoughts to bed 
Die away

Away players from the stage 
Flee into the night
Avaunt ye

Ye must needs clear the mind's way
For a brave new troupe
Bold new thoughts

Thoughts, rise up like birds, reach heights
As the sun rises
Lift, curtain
© 2016 by H. Linn Murphy
Heh. I played tag with the last word of each quinzain. For the instructions on how to write your own quinzain, visit Stephanie at this site.


No comments:

Post a Comment