Home

Page the Second

Problems

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi. (In front of you, a precipice. Behind you, wolves.)

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Dust--ABCB Poem

Here's an ABCB Poem For National Poetry Month. I think you'll agree with my sentiments...'cause who likes dusting?



 DUST BUNNIES
Everywhere in the house I go
Dust coats all with jackets gray
Like ball gown gloves it coats the books
Motes cavort in sunbeams fey

It blankets the shelves in silent calm
And rolls about beneath the bed
I turn around from dusting all
To find more of the dust I dread.

Dusting is clearly a thankless job
I turn around and it's back again
Will this aggravation end?
Wiping wiping, such a pain

That's how I used to think of dust
It got into my very head
So now I let it lie in peace 
For dust will be there when I'm dead

© 2016 by H. Linn Murphy

2 comments:

  1. "For dust will be there when I'm dead". LOL
    Love this. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your poem. I hate dust too. I wish someone could invent a permanent solution to those dust bunnies.

    ReplyDelete