Home

Page the Second

Problems

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi. (In front of you, a precipice. Behind you, wolves.)

Friday, April 22, 2016

Earth Colors--Couplets

It's Earth Day. And while I know global warming is a crock of steaming manure, I do still appreciate the world God has given us. So I'll honor His gift with a poem:


Indigo is for the sky just before the dawn

Pink is for the yummy flesh of salmon, bass, and prawn

Red is for poinsettia, hibiscus, poppy, rose

Green is for the grass I wish I watered with a hose

Orange is for traffic cones bordering brown holes

Brown is for the fur of deer and muskrats, mink, and moles

Yellow makes me happy, with sunflow'rs bright with gold
Blue is for the rolling waves I ride when I go surfin' bold.

© 2016 by H. Linn Murphy

If you would like to know more about couplets or Earth Day poems, visit this site. And remember, pick up your trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment