Home

Page the Second

Problems

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi. (In front of you, a precipice. Behind you, wolves.)

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Of Reading, Dinosaur Poo, and Blind Third Wheels--Shadorma Poem

This is a Shadorma Poem. I have no idea what that means. It's Walk on the Wild Side Day (whatever that means) and D.E.A.R. or Drop Everything and Read day too. So my poem is going to be about crazily reading while still doing things. 'Cause everybody knows the world still has to revolve...while you're reading. Just watch that lumber sticking out of the back of that truck. (That happened.)





READING WHILE...
When I was young
I read while walking
Into things
Now I read
While running through the desert
Can end in stickers.

THE DOWNSIDE OF DINOS
Dinosaurs
It's a crying shame
They are gone
I could be
Walking with my dinosaur
But cleaning up poo...? 







BLIND THIRD WHEELS
 A surprise
We're taking him too
He'll sit there
Shut his mouth
And watch us eat and swap spit
'Cause he's our sitter

© 2016 by H. Linn Murphy

Shadorma poem. Who knew? But you can read more about it here

No comments:

Post a Comment