Home

Page the Second

Problems

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi. (In front of you, a precipice. Behind you, wolves.)

Monday, April 4, 2016

I AM Zany and Creative Poem

This is an I AM poem I did today for National Poetry Month. If you'd like to find out more about I AM poems and use a generator to make your own, go here.

I am zany and creative
I wonder why a dog will stick its head out the window and let the wind blow his ears, but if I blow in them he freaks. And I wonder why two mouses are mice but two houses are not hice. And I wonder why the first cow milker thought it would be a good idea to drink from a cow.
I hear the people in my mind laughing their heads off at what I'm thinking much of the time.
I see them whispering behind their invisible hands.
I want go knock their heads together and tie their shoelaces in unbreakable knots.
I am zany and creative

I pretend I don't care what the invisible people are saying...but I do.
I feel like if I am giving them living space in my head, they should get on board with my oddball thoughts.
I touched a nerve with that one, but it's true.
I worry that some day the invisible people will get out and wreak havoc with my carefully cultivated reputation.
I cry at the thought of all the trouble they could cause.
I am zany and creative.

I understand some people might think giving invisible head people too much credence can sound lunatic.
I say bite me. I'm not crazy. Just overpopulated.
I dream that in the near future all the invisible head people will rise up and crown me queen.
I try on crowns secretly in the mirror.
I hope for a fair amount of understanding because
I am zany and creative and totally joking.
© 2016 by H. Linn Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment