Home

Page the Second

Problems

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi. (In front of you, a precipice. Behind you, wolves.)

Sunday, April 17, 2016

For Christ--ABAB Poem

This is an ABAB poem for National Poetry Month.







For Christ

Make me a shaft in thy quiver
Smoothed and polished and keen
Hone my actions into a giver
Understanding and helpful and clean.

Help me to shuck off the misteps
The sins and the failures so grim
Lead me to God in your footsteps
Help me safely return unto Him.

I want to be known as Your handmaid
Though my heart is so battered and scarred
You have purchased me and with your blood paid
I will serve, though the going is hard.

Your hands are so tender and steady
Your plans for me loving, I pray
I'll be the tool that is ready
That you may mold my life of clay.
© 2016 by H. Linn Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment