Home

Page the Second

Problems

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi. (In front of you, a precipice. Behind you, wolves.)

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

The Candle, Cartoons, and the Top Dollar Purse--Nonet Poem

Today it's going to be a Nonet. Sounds sparkley doesn't it?











THE TOP DOLLAR PURSE
There's a cute purse, I think to myself
I head to the camping section
Ignoring that pricey purse
But its voice is too loud
"Buy me right now, Chump!"
"You can't force me."
Stupid purse
Bought it
(Yay!)

 The
CANDLE
Just a stick of beeswax with a wick
A candle gives off light and scent.
It banishes the darkness
Leaving a brilliance
 It's God's little smile
Small yellow sun
Illuminates
My mind
Light













 CARTOONS WITH WIT, 
NOT JUST BRAWN
Cartoons used to be so fun to watch;
They entertained us with mayhem.
Now violence is too real
It's not so funny now
Bring back my bunny
For sure the duck
And my mice
Cartoons
Laugh
© 2016 by H. Linn Murphy
The Nonet is a poem of nine non-rhyming lines of descending syllables. Find more about them here. And try a few yourself. They're addicting.

No comments:

Post a Comment