Home

Page the Second

Problems

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi. (In front of you, a precipice. Behind you, wolves.)

Thursday, April 28, 2016

The Road to Australia--ABAB Poem

Here's an ABAB poem to profer for the end of National Poetry Month. This one is tongue firmly in cheek, so don't by any means get offended.

THE ROAD TO AUSTRALIA
There's a sign on the road to Australia
It says you get no handouts there
I'm eagerly waiting and watching
For someone to take their bold dare

Australians are known for their chutzpah
Won't take any guff from you
They'll just firmly ask you to vacate
Or they'll toss you out into the stew.

The most poisonous animals live there
And the real ones are poisonous too
Though most of them wonderful people
If you cross them, they'll flatten you

Oh the road to Australia spells hazard
It's rugged and wat'ry and wet
But if you are brainless and lazy
You are welcome to honor my bet. 
© 2016 by H. Linn Murphy
For more information on National Poetry Month, check out this site. She may have already decided on a different poetry type today, but I'm not here to see that. I'm on my way to Ireland! (I hope the link works since I pre-linked it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment