Home

Page the Second

Problems

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi. (In front of you, a precipice. Behind you, wolves.)

Sunday, April 11, 2021

National Poetry Month--Day Once--Color Poem--Indigo--ABCB Poem--Non-linear Time

 

This is my color poem that I wrote later for this day. If you want to know what a color poem is, go here. And the poem:

Indigo is a sea of time

Mysterious in its numberless depths

Unquantifiable like a black hole

Yet full of lives and life as a boundless ocean

©2021 by H. Linn Murphy

This is more like a good Sunday poem. Not that it can't be on other days. But this day is special. So here's my Sunday poem: 

NON-LINEAR TIME

How is there time for minutiae 

That Christ deals with every day?

For the least little thing I beguile Him. 

He listens whenever I pray.

 

I know by the way that my problems 

Seem to lighten when we've had a chat

He patiently answers my questions

Though I've wandered this way and that.

 

If I were Him I'd be frustrated

At the cavalier manner I use

When I hurry through conversations

But He'll never sigh or accuse.

 

He just patiently waits for the punchline

Or the begging or light little flick

I wonder if I ever make him

Annoyed or a little bit sick.

 

I need to grow up and be better

At thinking of what I will say

When I ask Him how He spent the ev'ning

Whether He had a pretty good day. 


I should patiently wait for an answer

Instead of the bluster and wind.

If I calmly and quietly listen

There are answers just waiting to find.


Then go and do something about it

Do my part , make a difference, a goal

Not being lazy or doubting

Not letting life take a toll. 


There'll be opportunities plenty 

To be Jesus' hands in the fray

Time will stretch out to eternity

Or maybe just God's seventh day.

©2021 by H. Linn Murphy


 

No comments:

Post a Comment