Home

Page the Second

Problems

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi. (In front of you, a precipice. Behind you, wolves.)

Saturday, April 10, 2021

National Poetry Month--Day 10--Windspark Poem--Windspark Poem --ABAB Poem--Cementing Friendships

 


Okay the poem for the day is a Windspark Poem. I'm clueless too, so I'm going here to check it out. And here's my poem:

I dreamed

I was an alpine goat

On the side of a breezy alp

Munching away at an edelweiss

 Placidly

©2021 by H. Linn Murphy

 

In case I don't get back on my computer, I'm doing this day's poem on my own. I may come back later and do Stephanie's poetry form too. But for a place saver, here's my ABAB Poem:


Got roped into laying cement 

I'm doing it for a close friend

Must work in the heat 'til I'm spent

I think this job won't ever end

What's worse is it starts in the dark

When the birds are still snoring in bed

She's not taking much guff or snark

So it's doubtful I'll sleep like the dead

I can just hear the phone ringing now

It'll start when I'm one minute late

It'll ring till in anguish I bow

To her superior efforts so great.

I think I'm the only one there 

Who can lift up a shovel or hoe

Likely she'll boss from her chair

I'll be on the totem pole low

I think that tonight I'll invest

In a pair of earplugs so nice

And I'll cuddle up into my nest

Til the phone call hits me like dry ice

My attitude needs an adjustment

After all she promised some cookies

Nanaimo Bars make me more content

Working for less is for rookies

But maybe the point is to help out

Whatever the weather or pain

Though I'm needing the exercise work out

It's actually the friendship I gain.

©2021 by H. Linn Murphy

It ended up that we poured no cement. Instead she had us lay down pallets and screw the plywood to that. Then came the shed, which was not numbered correctly. This was while she was gone to a birthday party...rofl Anywho, it was too windy to finish putting up the shed. But I'm hashed.


No comments:

Post a Comment