Home

Page the Second

Problems

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi. (In front of you, a precipice. Behind you, wolves.)

Friday, April 2, 2021

National Poetry Month--Day 2--Couplets--Following Christ

 


 

Today we're doing couplets. If you want to know what they are and how to write them, go here:

Christ the Lord has ris'n for us

His pathway forward is a plus

He directs our steps in all we do

So we can take that journey through

The rocks and canyons of our day

We need to study, act, and pray

How can I follow at his feet

When all I do is incomplete?

Just keep my eye set on the prize

And I with Him will someday rise.

Though flawed, mistaken, sometimes fearful

We can prevail if we stay cheerful 

I choose this time to pay Him mind

To seek His light, His footsteps find.

Give fear, mistakes, and hate away

Remake me new for a new day

©2021 by H. Linn Murphy



No comments:

Post a Comment