Home

Page the Second

Problems

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi. (In front of you, a precipice. Behind you, wolves.)

Saturday, April 8, 2017

ORBITAS--Free Verse--National Poetry Month

I don't know what the other people in the poetry challenge are doing today, but I'm doing a free verse poem today:


ORBITAS
I see you
Kneeling there
Across the altar
Dressed in spotless white.
Dreams fill your eyes
And pull brilliant smiles
To your lips.

She kneels across from you. 
Stars filling her eyes as well.
She is your new sun,
Your orbit tightly spun
Around her.
As it should be.

I can't help 
But feel bereft
My orbit emptying of planets
Will my sun 
Burst wide
Flinging me away,
Just another Pluto
Cold and forgotten?

No.
We are too much
To implode.
No trajectory
Pulls me away,
No foreign star
Will get close enough to pull.

We must find
New gravity
And light. 

Go, my son.
Find your wider orbit.
But never forget
The planets from which
You sprang.

You kiss
Bringing to life an Eternity
Of light
And galaxies of love. 

I smile
And know
We will remain.
© 2017 by H. Linn Murphy

1 comment: