Home

Page the Second

Problems

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi. (In front of you, a precipice. Behind you, wolves.)

Thursday, April 28, 2022

National Poetry Month--28 day--Spring Senses Poems--

 


Today we're doing Spring Senses Poems. If you want to know how to do one, go here. Mine are below:

Spring looks like a haze of bright yellow, pollen-loaded blooms.

Spring sounds like the bees making the mesquites hum like a plane engine

Spring feels like a deluge inside my sinuses

Spring smells like the orange blossoms in bloom

Spring tastes like allergy medicine.

©2022 by H. Linn Murphy

Can you tell allergies are kicking my rear? You can't get away from it!!!


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This is my ABAB poem:

A COLD OR ALLERGIES OR 

WHATEVER IT IS

How could a germ a tenth of a dot

Not even the size of a sick little chigger

Have generated gallons and gallons of snot?

The volume of tissue just grows ever bigger.

 

My nose feels as if I'd been eating ghost peppers.

I drip and I sniff but the snot just keeps comin'.

I'm out of TP thought the best of the preppers

Getting on top of it simply feels bummin'.

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This tiny foul bug to my knees now has shoved me

I can't do the things I'm required to do

I hole up in bed with the tissue and hot tea

And hope this debacle will shortly run through.

©2022 by H. Linn Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment