Home

Page the Second

Problems

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi. (In front of you, a precipice. Behind you, wolves.)

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Polar Shift Review

I just finished E. M. Tippetts' book Polar Shift. I really liked it, being a sci fi connoisseur. The idea of having a couple of kids save the day for the older folks was a fun idea. I did wonder why in some cases the heroine was woefully unschooled but in others, brilliant--more-so than any of the adults with her. I could tell that Em wanted to say that every member of the team was valuable, both old and young. This book is appealing to the Tween set.
 
Reading this book was like digging into my favorite kind of ice cream only to find that I was scraping the bottom and licking the sides way too soon. I enjoyed the story, but I wanted MORE.

I realize this was just a short story, but I had questions which could only have been nicely answered by a novel length. Em, write the rest of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment