Home

Page the Second

Problems

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi. (In front of you, a precipice. Behind you, wolves.)

Monday, April 30, 2012

Final Poem of April

The chain is broken
Last link gone
The days are slipping
On and on

Picture by: thepioneerwoman.com
Soon the summer
Will be here
The trees once green
Turn brown and sere

I'll say good-bye
To life once sweet
And make amends
With regret replete.

Light the lantern
Guiding me home
For I have tasks
And far to roam.

If I have harmed you
I am sorry
I do not wish to
Cause you worry.

Let me right
My many wrongs,
Do my duties
Sing my songs

Help me be the one
I was meant to be
Before the last leaf
Leaves the tree.

This poem was inspired by a dream I had Friday. I dreamed that I was dying of lung cancer and had only twelve weeks to live. I must say it really shook me. Part of me wants to live my life like it's true--abandon everything which isn't something I'd do in twelve short weeks. The other part jeers and says it's only a dream.

Maybe there's a middle road in which I don't abandon everything, but live as perfectly as possible. To that end, I made my piece with an acquaintance today. Previously I've let her annoy me. Today I tried to look at her through Christ's eyes. She's trying.

Let's see if I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment