Home

Page the Second

Problems

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi. (In front of you, a precipice. Behind you, wolves.)

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

National Poetry Month--Day 24--What if poem--Dogeroo



We're doing What If poems today. If you want to know how to do one, go here. Otherwise, witness this offering I actually wrote at 9:44 last night...;o)

DOGEROO
What if, instead of having to rely on those chocolate-y orbs that melt my heart, you instead could ask for half my dinner using words?
I might be inclined to share more of it, thus rendering you fatter and me skinnier. Hmm........

What if your tongue, that tickles when it slurps over me, could actually heal what it licks?
I could actually take you running again, instead of standing there like a half stone statue, throwing balls for you to chase.

What if 'they' could take lessons from you in devotion, patience, and pure, unselfish love?
I would be a blissfully happy person.

But then, what would you do all day?
© 2018 by H. Linn Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment