Home

Page the Second

Problems

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi. (In front of you, a precipice. Behind you, wolves.)

Saturday, April 14, 2018

Day 14--National Poetry Month--Senses Poem--TAXES

This is for Day 14 of National Poetry Month. It's a Senses Poem. If you would like to know how to do one of these, go here. Stephanie has a great poetry site.

TAXES

A snow of withholding statements and royalty receipts
The tang of printer ink
The jitter and squeal of the printer as it grinds to a halt with a paper jam
My heart rate and adrenaline soar as I contemplate having to search for one more blasted paper he won't use because I didn't make enough
I taste defeat as I think about all our hard-earned dollars flying into undeserving hands
Tax day ROTS.
 © 2018 by H. Linn Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment