Home

Page the Second

Problems

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi. (In front of you, a precipice. Behind you, wolves.)

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Zombie Prints




Every year I make these ghoulish severed hands and feet out of meatloaf. I put pumpkin seeds in for the finger and toenails, cheese for the bits of flaking skin, boiled egg slices for the bones, and lots of ketchup blood.

I was worried the first year that the family would find them too disgusting to eat. I must have a warped family, though, because they loved it.
I could hear them in there arguing over who got the big toes. Other visitors think we've completely lost our minds, I'm sure.

So this morning I was doing the kids' dishes for them. (There are times I just snap and do them because I'm tired of hearing the teens whine and of having a kitchen full of rotting food-encrusted dishes) So this morning I found the two cookie sheets I'd baked the meatloaf on. Each tray bore meaty foot and hand prints. In the dark, the gobbets would have scared someone half to death, because they looked and felt like chunks of skin and muscle.

It's a good thing I already had breakfast...;o)

1 comment: