Home

Page the Second

Problems

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi. (In front of you, a precipice. Behind you, wolves.)

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Chocolatey Yumminess

I enjoyed Chocolate Roses by Joan Sowards to the hilt. Having loved Jane Eyre since I read it in fourth grade, I was skeptical that Chocolate Roses could hold a candle to it, but I was happily mistaken. Even though I knew the fire scene was coming, I was still engaged. The story was enjoyable, believable, and timely.

I found the characters engaging and believable. I felt for Roger and his poor daughter and wanted to hook them up with all my single friends...except that Janie was perfect for him.

At first I was a little put off by the first person treatment. There were a couple of places where it was a tiny bit invasive, but those instances were short-lived. The book kept a great pace and I took the book everywhere I went, until it was finished.

I've added Chocolate Roses to my library and fully intend to add the rest of Joan Sowards' books as soon as possible. They're on my stack of 'to be read soonest' books.

And now I need to hunt down a chocolate rose of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment