Home

Page the Second

Problems

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi. (In front of you, a precipice. Behind you, wolves.)

Friday, March 11, 2016

MUDLARKS Has Risen From the Mud

I just finished edits on MUDLARKS. It's a lovely Dickens-style book with lots of action. It's ready for Beta readers. Any takers?
That said, I haven't even gotten a single word back from my other Beta readers for MARIN AT THE WELL. The Beta reader for THE DAY IT RAINED GLASS seems to have other things to do as well. Have they all pricked their fingers and gone to sleep for a hundred years?

I should be overjoyed tonight but I'm kind of bummed on a bunch of levels.

Tomorrow is the Tucson Book Festival and I've known about it for a year but I didn't pay attention to the deadlines for getting booths. I've never even been to it because I'm always out of town for it or something. Tomorrow I have a Rel. Soc. birthday party right in the middle of it. I'm hoping that going to that instead will bless my writing efforts since my number one audience will be there and not at the Book Festival.

Not that any of them will buy anything. For our ward, the old saw, "A prophet is never a prophet in his own country," is true. Someone else is always the artist or the musician or the author. Not one of them has ever bought one of my books. That I know of. If they have, they've said nothing. It's a good thing I don't write for the fame of it.

I guess tomorrow, after a lovely night of dreaming, I'll pop back up like the proverbial cork.


No comments:

Post a Comment