Home

Page the Second

Problems

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi. (In front of you, a precipice. Behind you, wolves.)

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Savior, Ransomer, Builder, Brother, Guide



I have been thinking about Christ and His sacrifice on this windy spring day. The irises and hibiscus and orange blossoms are blooming, filling the air with a heady sweetness and the humming of thousands of bees. Soon the orange blossoms will fall and the fruit will begin to burgeon in green little nubs. The aloes are sending up their fiery spears to entice the hummingbirds and bees.

I don't think it's a mistake that as the new lambs dot the meadows and buds of spring fill the trees with emerald lusciousness, Christ gave His life and was resurrected, to come forth trailing clouds of glory.  After all, it is the perfect time to celebrate renewal and the gift we have to rise from the grave and take up our lives once more.

I believe Christ built this world under the direction of God the Father. When better to celebrate His great gift to us of this world than in the springtime when all is bright and beautiful and bursting with new life?

I also find it interesting that Christ tells us in Isaiah 49:16:

Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.

He writes our names on His palms, right next to the nail holes. How significant. How poignant that He remembers each of us and what he paid for all our hurts and ills and heartaches, and unfairnesses, and sins.

How can I not be utterly thankful? How can I not fall at His feet and thank Him with all I am and have, for blazing the trail back to Our Father in Heaven? And how can I not open my mouth to offer the same possibilities to my brothers and sisters?

Come see the stone which has been rolled away from the door. Come fall at His feet with me, and leave your burdens there.







No comments:

Post a Comment