Home

Page the Second

Problems

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi. (In front of you, a precipice. Behind you, wolves.)

Friday, May 1, 2015

Who Lights Your Way?

Yesterday, the last day of April, I was teaching Seminary, so I neglected to come and do a final poem. I can't let that stand, so here's today's poem based on yesterday's set and it's a heavy hitter, a Credo Poem. Thanks, Stephanie Abney for being our guide through National Poetry Month. You can learn what a Credo Poem is from her site. Here's mine:












I believe...
In the incredible power of prayer, 
The love of our Elder Brother, 
The over-reaching adoration of Our Father in Heaven, 
The plan He has for the happiness of His children 
And that we are the masters of our fate and the pilots of our ships.












But I don't believe we can do it all alone.
I believe in a Beacon of Light far outstripping anything we can offer
I believe in the power of Obedience,
I believe in the gifts of Kindness, Mercy, Understanding, Wisdom
And I believe in Love, guiding us back to His side.
So where we find safe harbour depends on which Star we set sail by, during this voyage on which we've embarked.
© 2015 by H. Linn Murphy










No comments:

Post a Comment