Home

Page the Second

Problems

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi. (In front of you, a precipice. Behind you, wolves.)

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Pluto, my Fav PLANET

We're doing Octopoems today on this beautiful 28th day of April. What's an Octopoem you ask, rightly. Go here and Stephanie will tell you. Here's my splendiforus offering which will forever go down in the annals of poetry as a stellar example...;o)



Pluto
You float on the 
periphery, a colorless ghost, but I think of you 
as indigo because you're a rebel like that.
They won't even call you a planet anymore, and yet you're 
my favorite lost little frozen chunk of winter.
It's as if you are uncertain of your reception as you hang out there 
on the edge of the system.
You wrap yourself in darkness, nothing sweeping your empty rock but dust.
I could picture you in a purple tu-tu, toe socks, and a propeller beanie, especially when all the other planets are dressed in weather.
Not you. You're sitting in your bean bag chair out there in the void.
You're watching Lucy re-runs
And drinking white grape peach juice, 
because you can. 
© 2015 by H. Linn Murphy
Artist's concept because they don't have the imagination to see you as I do, your biggest fan.

I messed with the look of this thing because I wanted it to look more like Pluto. I  think you can handle it...;o) 
Only today I messed things up, so there's a Pensee poem coming as well. Stay tuned, oh intrepid poetry fans.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment