Home

Page the Second

Problems

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi. (In front of you, a precipice. Behind you, wolves.)

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Siren

This blog is like a siren, luring me away from the real writing I should be doing on my manuscript. It tempts me seductively to come and present my opinions and maundering for the perusal of my friends, drawing me ever onward with another thought or fresh string of words.

I can see it now: the evil fairy cackling as she devises new methods of distraction, weaving her spells of rhetoric and imagination. At times she throws a phrase into the boiling cauldron, which doesn't seem to fit. Then I have to plunge my brain in there and fish it back out; the brain gets goopy and unclear. But can I leave it and go onto my desktop and into my documents? Nope. Must extract icky phrase.

And the clock ticks on.
Tick.
Tick.
Tick.

No comments:

Post a Comment