Home

Page the Second

Problems

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi. (In front of you, a precipice. Behind you, wolves.)

Monday, June 6, 2016

SUMMER Magic


Summerhouse at Blarney Castle--like mine only sans sundial


So I'm deep into edits for SUMMERHOUSE. We have a marble deadline, which is good, because things happen to set deadlines back way too often. That said, my editor has said some wonderful things about me. And even though they might be geared towards making me feel better about deadline changes, they mean lots to me.

And since this is my blog and I'm the Queen of it, I'm putting those nice things on here. Okay I'm shamelessly boasting of my book baby, which is about to be born on or near the 16th of June, 2016.

To be honest, the book and your writing are so FABULOUS that I couldn’t stop reading and editing! And there wasn’t much editing that needed to be done.

Oh my goodness, I can’t say enough about the story you have created. I knew it was good, but either I didn’t read it all early on or I just forgot how romantic and stunning it is.

Tomorrow I might break the Sabbath and work a bit because this book is so darned good. Simply put, you have made my entire summer with Summerhouse!
Summerhouse at Finnstown 'castle' in Lucan

I'm going to look at this post whenever I'm depressed and thinking I'm rubbish at what I do. I'm also going to stop waffling about writing the next query (since it's already been queried and wanted) and send in THE DAY IT RAINED GLASS. That should be a decent chunk of good work for the day.

A summerhouse in Spokane, WA

No comments:

Post a Comment