Home

Page the Second

Problems

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi. (In front of you, a precipice. Behind you, wolves.)

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Super Nanny

This next week I'm starting the week out driving my daughter to EFY (a conference for teens) and then spending the rest of the week playing nanny for my sister's kids.
konasaniskitchen.blogspot.com

It'll be interesting. They have an aversion to vegetables and cleaning fluids. I'm wondering how far I can take this without being bound and tied to a stake. The raging idealist in me hopes I can have them eating Brussels sprouts before the week is out.

The Realist in me knows that's a recipe for disaster. B. never eats vegetables. He subsists on bread and corn dogs. T. will eat anything except plants (except that I've gotten him to eat salad at my house). H. is a possibility. She's little and impressionable. But she's already scared I'm going to eat her, apparently. We shall see. (Not about me being mean to her, but about getting her to be on my side plant food-wise.)
beezuskiddo.com

I'm also launching a crud pogrom. I'm hoping the Sis will walk in and walk back out to look at the address. It'll be a test of my charisma quotient. I'll post later about whether I'm the Diva of Charisma or I've been strafed by the Chore Avoidance Squad and gone down in flaming ignominy.

The great thing is that I can bring them all back to my house for extra torture at the slightest need. Home, where all my books and computer are...;o)


No comments:

Post a Comment