Home

Page the Second

Problems

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi. (In front of you, a precipice. Behind you, wolves.)

Friday, May 13, 2011

Light

I just watched Tron. I love how they play with light. I'm entranced with it. I'm entranced with the whole idea of light as intelligence, and beings of light. I love how a person's eyes 'light up' when they are happy and are dull and lifeless when they aren't happy. The eyes are the windows of the soul. When one looks out of a window, one either sees nothing, or one sees light.

We look up at the stars in the night sky--trillions of tiny points of ancient light. They are a scattering of diamonds flung upon the cosmos by a God who glories in light and intelligence. From a distance, our own world glows with the same light lent to it by our sun, as does our satellite. Earth becomes one of those little points of light.

It is written that our world will become one of glass and light in the end of this era (or is it the beginning of a new one?). I can't imagine being on Earth when such a thing comes to pass. Will it be a ballet of melting sand? A symphony of destruction? Will I witness it from a place of safety? Will there be a place of safety? Or will I be part of the melting river of light? Will I be a being of such surpassing whiteness that light pours from me and swirls round me in a crazy confluence of rainbows? I can't imagine knowing that much.

And yet, we are star seeds, planted here so that we may become beings of light.

I wish I could have used white or yellow type but it won't show up against my background.

No comments:

Post a Comment