Home

Page the Second

Problems

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi. (In front of you, a precipice. Behind you, wolves.)

Friday, April 21, 2017

Pensee Pensiveness--National Poetry Month



Today we're doing a Pensee poem. If you have no idea what this is, but want to find out, go here. Here's my offering:

Angel
Sweet destroyer
Like Juno in your aspects
You wreak carnage in the kitchen
I wish I could tame you.


Janus
Calm/terrible
One minute sweet, the next, RAGE
Clean room but trashed relationships
How will we survive?















This next is not a Pensee poem. Just something I was pondering last night while waiting for my husband to get out of the pizza store...;o)
(Just as a side note, I notice some people putting things on there maybe a starvation survivor might add...like corn, oysters, pineapple, or squash. Let me just say, KEEP THAT TRAVESTY FOOD AWAY FROM MY PIE! That will be all.)
PIZZAMANIA
Pizza, pizza how I love you
Savory roundness pulls me in
Oh that scent of tomato-y gravy (that's what Italians call sauce)
It just dribbles down my chin

Strings of cheese span the gappage (Shakespeare made up thousands of words. I can make up one...;o)
Betwixt my chin and delicious joy
I would rather eat a pizza
Than go parking with a boy.

I load it down with pepperoni
Add the mushrooms, cheese, and sauce (clearly not in that order)
Top it off with yummy olives
Then it won't be taste bud loss

You can even leave the olives
Off your half of tasty pie
Just because I know you hate 'em
We'd have rootbeer floats close by. (His favorite)

If you really want to please me
Get a pizza pie for two (or ten) 
Take me to a drive-in movie
That is not a date we'd rue. (There are actually very few dates I'd rue--one being to do our taxes and I'm not going to the others in my head.)
© 2017 by H. Linn Murphy


2 comments:

  1. Nice pensee poems. Pizzamania just makes me laugh!! But I do love pizza too! Favorite line: Than go parking with a boy. hahah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not my total favorite food, but close enough. I can never get Wiener-schnitzel here (and the travesty that calls itself Der Wienerschnitzel is just that, a travesty. They sell neither Wiener-schnitzel, nor is it Der). For that I'll have to go on a research trip back to Germany...;o)

    ReplyDelete