Home

Page the Second

Problems

A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi. (In front of you, a precipice. Behind you, wolves.)

Thursday, October 27, 2016

HAZMAT and Book Babies

I've got an editing job, now, which thrills me no end. Nothing like eating and having electricity (So kidding. My fine husband handles that extremely well). I quite enjoy earning money for doing what I do anyway.

But the bigger news is that MUDLARKS (which is getting a title change into HEART OF FIRE) is going to be published in April! I'm overjoyed and perhaps a little misty-eyed. (Might be the burning midnight oil, might be boiling to death in my own juices from turning the cooler off. I don't know.) It's the whole tossing your book babies out the door and watching to see if they'll crawl into the road and get hit by a car or fly gracefully off to readers everywhere.

In case you're asking, I'd like the second option. There are fewer recriminations from the family who only see in their mind's eyes how often dinner was a stale tater tot I found beneath the fridge and a can of Spam. Also for some reason they baulk at wearing clothes that sat wet in the washer for more than three days. Go figure.

Oh yeah. I'm contemplating being a string quartet or a HAZMAT worker for Halloween. Which should I be?

Anywho, I'll get back to it so the deadline doesn't hit me at three am. Caio for now.

(Actually the food isn't nearly that bad. Last night it was borscht. No need to call that HAZMAT worker to examine the food in the fridge. Seriously. And I'm going to take the laundry out in a couple of minutes. Really.)

No comments:

Post a Comment